Client: Vicorp International, Utrecht, Holland
Project: Portugal Telecom Call Wakeup Service
Dates: Aug 94 / July 95
|Computer Telephony Integration
Worked with VICORP International, in Utrecht, The Netherlands. VICORP were a major international supplier of the BETEX-ESP telephony & telecoms software. While at Vicorp, worked on a project as a designer and developer to supply a BETEX-ESP based system to Portugal Telecom, Lisbon. The system was intended to provide a Semi/Automatic Wake-up Call service, audiotex, voice and fax broadcast, and fax on demand facilities.
- Assisted with the production of some of the requirements specifications.
- Designed and implemented an ‘interface’ task to accept, verify and queue Wake-Up call requests from a remote system via RS232 communication links.
- Responsible for the design of the dynamic resource management for the system. This allowed automatic periodic on-line, re-allocation of Betex tasks to different service types, making maximum use of available telephone lines. Different line/service configurations could be defined for different hourly periods throughout the day.
- Implemented the scheduling mechanisms for the resource management. Designed and helped implement a ‘confirmation task’ function.
- Designed and implemented all of the very complex Enscribe database access routines for the system.
- Analyzed and documented modules of the core Betex software.
All of the the systems were developed in C, on Tandem / NonStop Servers